Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nominations for Best Picture 2010 are now EXTENDED!

Welcome to the Academy of Awesome!  This round, we will be crowning a new winner for Best Picture 2010.  2010's real winner was The King's Speech.  Will it win again?

Was TheKing's Speech really winner-worthy?  Should another film have captured top spot?  Now is your chance to have your say!  Simply nominate a movie/film in the comments of this post, following these simple rules:

  • It must have been released in 2010.
  • It must have had a public release (no Cannes-only films).
  • Repeat nominations ARE allowed, whether they have won in the past, or not.
  • Submissions are due by Wednesday THURSDAY 11:59 p.m. EST.

Once the nominees have been gathered, the Academy will find time (hey, we have day jobs) over the following week to watch the films, with the deadline being the following Wednesday.  After that, deliberations will be held, and a winner will be announced by that Sunday (or a.s.a.p. after that).  On the same day, nominations will be opened for 2009!

EDIT:
Due to a short list, we're leaving the nominations open another day.  There also seem to always been some last-minute SURPRISE nominations DURING deliberations.  Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. -Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World
    -Inception

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Inception
    Toy Story 3

    (also: http://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2010,2010&title_type=feature&sort=moviemeter,asc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to not reiterate what's been put up already, I'm going to go a bit dark horse here. -

    -Despicable Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition to those already mentioned:

    I really liked True Grit and Winter's Bone, but maybe that's just me. :)
    I'm not sure but I suspect Tucker & Dale vs Evil didn't get a real release until 2011. I think it was exclusively on the festival circuit in 2010, so it probably can't qualify.
    Rare Exports was another favorite from that year for me. I think it had a limited US release in late 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like I mostly watched kid movies in 2010...

    I really liked How to Train Your Dragon. I'm going to throw in TRON: Legacy, just because it's TRON. And I'll lend a final nod to Clash of the Titans, because I am a troll.

    ReplyDelete